Down Syndrome Foundation of Orange County (“DSF”) is dedicated to preserving your privacy.
This policy describes the personal information we collect from you or information you provide on our website or through the use of our apps and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from our website or apps.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website and our apps, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through our website including usage details, IP addresses, and cookies.
Information you provide to us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for services we offer, registering for access to the LP Archive or subscribing to our mailing list.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you initiate through our online store and the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
Usage Details and IP Addresses
As you navigate through our website, we may collect details of your visit, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our donors. This is statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
Uses made of the information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our website and its content in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way please let us know by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
Disclosure of your information
We never disclose personal information that you provide to other organizations or individuals excepts to:
- Comply with a court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of DSF, our customers, or others.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Marketing and fundraising
If you do not wish us to use your e-mail address for marketing, fundraising or promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form). You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us.
Using our web sites and our apps
To ask questions or comment about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Down Syndrome Foundation of Orange County
1451 Quail Street, Suite 110
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Last Revised: July 23, 2015